The new iPhone 8 Plus ticks all the boxes in terms of design, display and projected performance. The phone hits the markets later this month, ending months of tireless R&D from Apple.
If it is possible to better perfection, then you can be certain that Apple can accomplish this feat. After a string of successes with its many personal electronics gadgets, and more memorably, the iPhones, Apple just released three new phones – the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X.
The year 2017 marks the 10th anniversary of the iPhone – then CEO Steve Jobs had unveiled the first of the phones way back in 1997, and the iPhone quickly achieved cult status around the world. 10 years later, the iPhone continues to please and astonish its many legions of fans with cutting edge technology, superior design and intuitive specs. You communicate and understand the world better with an iPhone in your hand!
The iPhone 8 Plus is, like the other two new iPhones, expected to hit the US markets on September 22. Thereon, it will make its way to the UK, Australia, some parts of Europe and then Asia. Apple fans have been eagerly awaiting the next iteration of the iPhone 7 Plus, which was a gem of a smartphone to begin with. But with the iPhone 8 Plus, Apple has achieved significant departures and revolutionised certain operational aspects. Let’s see how its new specs stack up:
- The iPhone 8 Plus boasts of a 5.5-inch display, with 401 ppi resolution.
- It has a glass back, touted to be ultra-durable and exceedingly scratch- and break-resistant. The phone is waterproof and dustproof.
- The iPhone 8 Plus sports new stereo speakers at the top and bottom, with 20% louder output and higher bass than before.
- Apple has improved on the phone’s camera dramatically: the company claims that the iPhone 8 Plus will revolutionise photography and video recording. It sports a 7MP selfie front camera and 12MP rear camera, with superb video recording featuring better slo-mo, rapid video frame rate, 4K 60fps video, etc.
- The company has also introduced the fastest ever chip, the A11 Bionic 6-core chipset with 25% faster speeds than the iPhone 7 Plus. The phone has its own new GPU.
- In a first, the iPhone 8 Plus supports Qi wireless charging. This wireless charging standard is being adopted in many parts of the world, so charging the phone is a breeze. You can use the lightning cable to charge the phone at other times.
- The iPhone 8 Plus also experiments with Augmented Reality (AR) for better gaming, real time sports stats and sky map, among other features.
- The phone comes in these colours: Gold, Space Grey and Silver.
So the wait is over – the iPhone 7 Plus was launched over a year ago, and Apple has worked hard to remove any kinks in the hardware and tech. With three new phones and a new apple Watch, Apple is all set to create new benchmarks for excellence in the smartphone space.